Share
Go down
avatar
Common
Common
Posts : 36
Points : 54
Rep : 11
Join date : 2018-07-09
View user profile

How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:40 pm
Clans are a very requested feature - however I'm unsure how to implement them whilst also making it fair for people who aren't in a clan.

Current ideas:

  • Competitions between clans. Each clan bets a certain amount of money to see which completes one of the following within a certain period of time:

    • Most amount of money earned
    • Most amount of EXP earned
    • Most amount of kills
    • Least amount of deaths
    • Highest K/D
    • etc.

  • Less strict trade restrictions between clanmates.
  • An ELO system with a leaderboard.


Please discuss.


Last edited by logan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added current ideas)
avatar
Member
Member
Posts : 10
Points : 12
Rep : 1
Join date : 2018-07-10
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 pm
I could imagine a system similar to Clash of Clans with different clan leagues.
We should be able to challenge other clans, maybe add a ranking system with elo points. And tournaments between clans with rewards.
One useful thing would be to make the players be able to select the stuff they want to play with (and thus not play all their inventory so that they don´t loose it all).


The ranking system would allow that players being not that much involved in a clan could easily join and stay within low-ranked clans where people play without serious strategies.
If leagues would come with some ranking system system, the ranks could be could be : common, uncommon, rare, ultra and epic league.

With you wanting to make it fair, tbh I don´t really see the problem here. Making it fair for people who aren´t in a clan could obviously be by not letting clans attack regular players.

I hope this was clear xD if not please ask questions Very Happy
Member
Member
Posts : 2
Points : 3
Rep : 0
Join date : 2018-07-10
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 pm
i Agree with logan on this topic, im in BBM but im not sure how will it work.
avatar
Common
Common
Posts : 36
Points : 54
Rep : 11
Join date : 2018-07-09
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:18 pm
@Catriix wrote:I could imagine a system similar to Clash of Clans with different clan leagues.
We should be able to challenge other clans, maybe add a ranking system with elo points. And tournaments between clans with rewards.
One useful thing would be to make the players be able to select the stuff they want to play with (and thus not play all their inventory so that they don´t loose it all).


The ranking system would allow that players being not that much involved in a clan could easily join and stay within low-ranked clans where people play without serious strategies.
If leagues would come with some ranking system system, the ranks could be could be : common, uncommon, rare, ultra and epic league.

With you wanting to make it fair, tbh I don´t really see the problem here. Making it fair for people who aren´t in a clan could obviously be by not letting clans attack regular  players.

I hope this was clear xD if not please ask questions :D

How exactly would clan battles work? And would that player still be able to attack other people while in a clan battle. You compared it to Clash of Clans but I've never played that game, so unfortunately that doesn't give me much information.

I like the idea of an ELO system, though!
avatar
Member
Member
Posts : 10
Points : 12
Rep : 1
Join date : 2018-07-10
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:33 pm
To briefly explain how Clash of Clans clan wars work (and adapted to BoxBot) :
- You are in a clan that plans to make clan wars, lets say that they are 30v30 battles.
- So 30 players have to opt in in clan battles in order to be able to be picked by the clan leader to battle.
- The leader can start a clan battle, he selects the players that will play (or directly all of those who are opted in for clan battles).
- Once he has his team, he can challenge a clan or a random clan gets choosen with a matchmaking system.
- Then the clan battle can start.

To answer you :
Maybe clan battles could be a place where you could select who you want to attack. That would make strategies quite useful, seeing which player will attack which, and the last living team wins.

I don´t see a problem in letting players be able to play while in a clan battle, as long as their inventory cannot interact with their "clan battle" inventory which they have selected items for before (and is thus locked).
avatar
Common
Common
Posts : 36
Points : 54
Rep : 11
Join date : 2018-07-09
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:36 pm
@Catriix wrote:To briefly explain how Clash of Clans clan wars work (and adapted to BoxBot) :
- You are in a clan that plans to make clan wars, lets say that they are 30v30 battles.
- So 30 players have to opt in in clan battles in order to be able to be picked by the clan leader to battle.
- The leader can start a clan battle, he selects the players that will play (or directly all of those who are opted in for clan battles).
- Once he has his team, he can challenge a clan or a random clan gets choosen with a matchmaking system.
- Then the clan battle can start.

To answer you :
Maybe clan battles could be a place where you could select who you want to attack. That would make strategies quite useful, seeing which player will attack which, and the last living team wins.

I don´t see a problem in letting players be able to play while in a clan battle, as long as their inventory cannot interact with their "clan battle" inventory which they have selected items for before (and is thus locked).

I understand what you mean now, but don't think this is a very good idea. This would mean that only the clan leader gets to do anything with their clan while all of the members have little to no involvement with the clan battles.
Because of this, everybody would want to make their own clan and nobody would want to join other people's.

Thanks for the idea, though!
avatar
Member
Member
Posts : 10
Points : 12
Rep : 1
Join date : 2018-07-10
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 pm
Maybe I didnt explain well.
Well the thing is, the clan leader(s) is there to :
- Challenge the opponent
- Start the clan battle when all members are ready

The regular member job is :
- Discussing strategy
- Choosing what clan do the members wants to challenge
- Attacking during clan battle

Maybe some clans will instaure elections for their leader, and the clan founder can nominate several clan leaders, the people the most involved can become leaders, and the more passive ones can stay regular members.

Or you had in mind something more voting related, all members choosing who they want to challenge, with more power to the members through voting thus less job for the clan leader ?
avatar
Common
Common
Posts : 36
Points : 54
Rep : 11
Join date : 2018-07-09
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:06 pm
@Catriix wrote:Maybe I didnt explain well.
Well the thing is, the clan leader(s) is there to :
- Challenge the opponent
- Start the clan battle when all members are ready

The regular member job is :
- Discussing strategy
- Choosing what clan do the members wants to challenge
- Attacking during clan battle

Maybe some clans will instaure elections for their leader, and the clan founder can nominate several clan leaders, the people the most involved can become leaders, and the more passive ones can stay regular members.

Or you had in mind something more voting related, all members choosing who they want to challenge, with more power to the members through voting thus less job for the clan leader ?

I personally think clan battles could become too confusing for people - as they'd have two different inventories and two different health bars.
If you can think of a way to make clan battles simple, I'd love to hear it.

Maybe you could instead challenge other clans to certain competitions. For example, which clans receive more EXP, deal more damage, get more kills, get less deaths, etc.

Perhaps clan members could have less strict trading restrictions with other clanmates.
avatar
Member
Member
Posts : 10
Points : 12
Rep : 1
Join date : 2018-07-10
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm
One way to make it simpler would be that players of each clan can only attack and be attacked by the other clan during the clan battle (lasting a given time), last clan standing wins. You would be able to bet money on the battle (maybe even bet items, could be interesting). You would not loose inventory/money on death during clan battles so that players aren´t afraid to play in those.

This could need limiting clan sieze to a given number, thus bigger clans would need to make different sub-clans.

This seems really simpler to me, easier to understand for the players and easier to setup.

As features for the clan, less-strict trade restrictions seem like an interesting thing to do, so that better players can help the less stuffed.

The thing with exp and kills/deaths competitions isn´t a bad idea, but I think it misses the BoxBot fight spirit. Imagine your clan of friends being able to fight another during a day. It would add a deeper gameplay and some interest on joining a clan. It could be interesting to implement though.

Maybe a clan could have some XP thing, with won clan battles the clan could level up, and then unlock some features for the members (higher rewards for example), this would make joining an existing clan more interesting than creating your own.
Member
Member
Posts : 3
Points : 4
Rep : 0
Join date : 2018-08-20
View user profile

Re: How Should Clans Work?

on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:54 pm
CLANS IN BOXBOT AND HOW SHOULD IT WORK:

first of all, the RULES OF CLAN WARS.


-players that got killed during a clan war cannot participate another clan war or respawn in the one it is in at the moment.
-players that leaves the during an active clan war will be punished and will not be able to participate in any clan war for 1 month.
-players cannot return stuff to the other team for killing their member.
-u can heal your team members. (requires the bot to allow this function as i posted it ones on the boxbot server's #bot-suggestions)
-normal trading rules don't apply during clan wars so that you can trade weapons for another person in your clan that has attack cooldown.
-both side must have the same amount of members that enter the clan war.(tolerable difference in amount is +1/-1)
-anyone that violates the rules as much as 2 times will be banned from clan wars for as long as the admin or opponent wants you to be.(a discussion will be held for the duration between admins and their opponent.)
-if one member is in two or more clans, that player have to decide whether to fight for which clan.

secondly, HOW DOES CLAN WAR WORKS

-no limit for clan amount to participate in a clan war.
-to join a guild war, each guild must have at least 5 to 7 members to enter one guild war.(guild war as in event form)
-both side will have a total time of 1 week and 3 days for preparation for the clan war.
-as a starter inventory, everyone will get 2 health pot, 3 common boxes, 3 uncommon boxes, 3 rare boxes, 2 ultra rare boxes, 1 iron shield and 1 wooden shield.
-there will be daily drops of items. during a daily drop, both side must have at least 3 member active to participate in the drop. no fixed item will be given(decided by admins or host of clan war.) if one side fails to get 3 members during the drop, the drop will be given to the side that has 3. if none of those side has 3 members, the drop will be canceled.(drop as in giveaway format.)
-clan that won the whole war will have their clan link posted in the server's #announcement channel.(changes weekly or monthly)


thats all for now, will try to think of more stuff
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum